- This event has passed.
Employment Law Seminar – Defining Employment Status and Employment Rights
18th May 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Over the past few months we have seen a number of high profile cases of workers in the so called “Gig Economy” suing the companies they work for over their employment status. In most of the cases the workers have been treated as self-employed contractors by the companies and have sought to be reclassified as employees by the courts. The main reason for this is that employees have employment rights such as the right to holidays, sick pay, maternity and paternity leave and protection from unfair dismissal.
Backhouse Solicitors are partnering with recruitment specialist Huntress Group to provide this FREE Employment Status and Employment Rights seminar on Thursday 18th May 2017.
This seminar will focus on:
- The evolution of Gig Economy companies
- Employment status: employed vs self-employed vs worker vs other?
- Employment rights and who gets what?
- Recent court ruling: Uber, CitySprint, Pimlico Plumbers
- What happens now? The Taylor Review and budget announcements
At the end of the seminar our employment law team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have concerning employment status and employment rights.