- This event has passed.
Social Media at Work Seminar
25th May 2016 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 amFree
In recent years there has been a significant increase in the use of social media, providing more opportunities for business advertising and networking. Sites such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn are now regularly visited by many employees in the work place. Given the benefits that social networking can offer in business and current practice, most businesses are likely to allow such use.
But, with this new way of working comes risk. Legal liabilities can arise from the use of social media by employees (whether for business or private purposes) which can result in expensive litigation. It is increasingly important for businesses to know how this can happen and to prevent problems occurring.
Backhouse Solicitors are partnering with recruitment specialist Huntress Group to provide this FREE social media seminar on Wednesday, 25th May 2016
covering the use of social media in the workplace.
This seminar will focus on:
- The evolution of Social Media at work
- Separating private and professional accounts
- Why your company needs a social media policy and what to include
- Communicating your Social Media Policy
- Monitoring social media activity at work
- Applying disciplinary procedures to social media activity
- Legal considerations – Data Protection Act, Human Rights Act
- Recent court rulings – case of Barbulescu v. Romania
At the end of the seminar our employment law team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have on the area of social media.