Are you prepared to invest a few years of hard work to set your career up and future for life?
We want people in our team with drive and ambition, is this you?
Backhouse Solicitors Limited are looking for an ambitious Employment Solicitor to join their highly reputable Employment team based in Chelmsford. We are looking for candidates who are ideally 4+ years PQE.
Your role will be to harness our team’s expertise to solve our clients’ legal problems with expert, commercially minded and great value advice. On a week-to-week basis this is how you will achieve this:
- Meeting potential new clients, getting a really detailed understanding of what they need and giving them the confidence to instruct Backhouse to solve their problems. Not all lawyers understand that an initial interview is a combination of a sales meeting and an information gathering meeting to turn a potential new client into an actual new client. Can you sell your expertise in a confident and professional way?
- Solving employment law problems for individuals – identifying all the potential issues and getting the best legal outcome for your client. You will see people from all walks of life and need to be able to communicate at the right level in plain English.
- Solving employment law issues for businesses – from start-ups to larger SMEs you will solve day to day employment and HR issues and keep your clients on the right side of the law with up to date paperwork and your expert advice at the end of the phone.
- Growing the Backhouse business – working with the rest of the team to develop new opportunities and communicating our message to attract new clients. This will range from writing articles for the website and publications to attending business networking events and even speaking to a room full of people if you have the skill.
- Working with the management team to decide on the future direction of the firm and getting involved with making it happen
It goes without saying that as a Solicitors practice, we have high professional standards to meet and we expect the highest ethical standard from all our team.
Salaries are based on how much our team members bill. We set a starting salary based on initial expectations and if these are exceeded the salary is increased. We don’t set an upper limit as we want to reward our high-flyers.
We solve our clients’ legal problems with expert, commercially minded and great value advice. We are a small and friendly team who work hard to get the job done. We support each other to solve problems and every member of the team has a say in how we work and how we can make things better
You will be working directly with Minal Backhouse (the MD) and her team of lawyers and support staff, a very experienced group who are passionate about helping each other develop and improve. Our team is usually based in our offices so we can see clients at short notice when needed. Our IT systems are cloud-based however and allow us to work from home if needed.
We are very proud of our great team; they are our strongest assets and have helped us build our employment team from nothing to one of the best in Essex in just over 10 years. We look after our clients and they look after us. You only have to look at our Google reviews to see what people think of us and how we work.
- Professional training and personal development courses as needed to grow as an expert
- Friendly working environment
- Team lunches
- Free tea and coffee
- Always an unhealthy amount of cake in the office kitchen
- Great opportunities to get involved in the running of the business
Interested? Please sent your CV and covering letter to [email protected]