Backhouse Solicitors are a modern firm with a commercial approach. Owing to growth an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Employment Solicitor to join our busy and growing firm. The ideal candidate will be 5 years + PQE and seeking genuine career progression. In addition, you will be passionate about growing and developing our Employment team and generating new business.
- Currently a Solicitor of 5 years + PQE
- A good knowledge of employment law
- An excellent communicator
- Great client care skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to win new clients
- A passion for networking
- A hard worker who wants to develop their legal career and progress quickly
- Always willing to learn and try new things
- Trustworthy and professional
- A team player willing to help out colleagues
About the Role
- Meeting potential new clients, getting a really detailed understanding of what they need and giving them the confidence to instruct Backhouse to solve their
problems. Not all lawyers understand that an initial interview is a combination of a sales meeting and an information gathering meeting to turn a potential new client into an actual new client. Can you sell your expertise in a confident and professional way?
- Solving employment law problems for individuals – identifying all the potential issues and getting the best legal outcome for your client. You will see people from all walks of life and need to be able to communicate at the right level in plain English.
- Solving employment law issues for businesses – from start-ups to larger SMEs you will solve day to day employment and HR issues and keep your clients on the right side of the law with up-to-date paperwork and your expert advice at the end of the phone
- Growing the Backhouse business – working with the rest of the team to develop new opportunities and communicating our message to attract new clients. This will range from writing articles for the website and publications to attending business networking events and even speaking to a room full of people if you have the skill.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 am – 5.30 pm
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Professional training and personal development courses as needed
- Expenses paid for Networking and Corporate events
- Friendly working environment
- Team lunches
- Discounted parking with Q-Park
- Always an unhealthy amount of cake in the office kitchen!
Does this sound like the perfect role?
If so, send your CV and covering letter to HR@backhouse-solicitors.co.uk