***** This position has now been filled *****
We are looking for a legal cashier to join our Accounts Department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working in a small team supporting the fee earners, the role will involve the following regular responsibilities:
Processing client and office receipts and payments on a daily basis (using Barclays.net and Natwest Bankline)
- Preparing cheques, BACS and CHAPS payments for authorisation
- Controlling all bank transactions
- Daily and monthly bank and deposit account reconciliations
- Nominal and Purchase Ledger receipts and payments, petty cash, expenses and Counsel’s fees
- Checking and processing bills, ensuring correct disbursements, expenses and VAT is charged
- Liaising with directors, fee earners, clients and the bank to resolve queries
- Running and checking end of month and end of year reports
- Assisting with monthly management accounts and reporting
- Producing the quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with processing payroll on a monthly basis and preparing annual returns – not a core requirement but prior experience would be an advantage.
In addition to the above, Backhouse Solicitors is currently in the final stages of migrating to the cloud based Osprey accounts and case management system. In the first 2-3 months the role will also involve assisting with the completion of this migration.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working as a legal cashier within a law firm. Good numeracy, literacy and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to fit in with a small friendly team. Good Excel skills will also be required for data manipulation and for the migration to Osprey. Previous experience with Osprey would be helpful but not essential.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org